in

Pleasant Valley School

Last post 05-20-2008 11:29 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2008 10:58 AM

Pleasant Valley School

Thanks for printing my picture of the P.V School students Also the shot of the school What a small building it was!! The only illumination it had was oil lamps with reflectors ,on the walls There wasn't room for base ball or volley ball activities on the school lot So we had to walk down to Miss Albaughs(sp)field just a lille way down the road I would love to hear from any one who stll remem bers all this E mail richard@mc2k.com

Originally posted: 18 Jun 2002

• 05-20-2008 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Pleasant Valley School

A word about the Mallory school district As far as I know told brick s.chool house called Mallory school still stands When I was VERY young we lived on a farm just east of the school It was then a winding dirt road to Hartford My brother who was older than me had started school there and I altho I was too young I pesterd my mother to let me go with him The upshot being I was sent home with a note from the teacher with the immortal words "Richard has absolutley no capacity for learning" I sincerely hope I have proved her wrong over the past eighty years!!!!!

Originally posted: 21 Jun 2002

Please excuse the typos in the Mallory letter

Originally posted: 21 Jun 2002

• 05-20-2008 11:08 AM In reply to

Hi I used to live on Washington Hill in Barkhamsted in the 1960's. I love it there. I live in Washington State now. I went to PleasantValley grammer school. My name was Barbara Dean Anyone knowing me i am at bobbijo16Juno.com . I lived at Huch and Bernice Gallup's house

Originally posted: Monday, August 05, 2002

• 05-20-2008 11:12 AM In reply to

Is there anybody out there who went to the Pleasant Vally School from 1922 until 1929. here are some names Eddie Slater Donald Lee ,Richard Lee "Puggy" Cole Margaret Bedore, Dorothy Lee, Lucy Lee Etc I'm almos afraid to think I might be a sole survivor *** Geddes richard@mc2k.com

Originally posted: Thursday, August 15, 2002

• 05-20-2008 11:29 AM In reply to

Here is a list of the students in the School picture I just unearthed it front row Lto R HalseyWebster,Arthur Slater,William Streever,Sherwood Rogers. Kenneth Church,Richard Norton,Edmund(babe)Bedore Second Row Dorothy Fretag,Ida Slater,Margaret Bedore,Donald Lee,Edward Slater,Caul Norton,Raymond Church,Richard Church,Gladys Strever,Rebecca Gagnon,Dorothy Lee,Wilber Lee,Willie Mae Gagnon Back Row Ruth Norton,Evelyin Simonds,Bertha Simonds,Georgia Lee ,Kathryn Kimball(Teacher),Marjorie Cole,Laura Driggs, Lucy Lee

Originally posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy
All Copy and Images Copyright © 2020 Barkhamsted Historical Society All Rights Reserved.