in

This Gallery

130 total photos
Last updated on 11-21-2008

Statistics

  • Posted By: Richard
  • Viewed: 1,707
  • Comments: 0

This Gallery

Page 10 of 130 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
 
The Old Walkway
View Sizes View Details
  • Date/Time Original: 9/25/2008 3:12:02 PM
  • Exposure Time: 1/80 sec
  • Flash: Flash did not fire, auto
  • Focal Length: 18.0 mm
  • Model: NIKON D80
More

The old stone walkway. We believe this walkway was probably laid in the 1930's and was possible the work of FDR's, Depression era, Civilian Conservation Corps. The CCC had a camp, Camp White, on the other side of the Farmington River and constructed a very similar walk at the Stone Museum. The Tavern was purchased by the State in 1929 and was used as a rangers office and residence for over 70 years.

Filed under: ,

Comments

No Comments

Add Comment

(required)  
(optional)
(required)  
Add
Terms Of Service | Privacy Policy
All Copy and Images Copyright © 2017 Barkhamsted Historical Society All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Community Server (Non-Commercial Edition), by Telligent Systems